This potato salad is the tastiest I’ve eaten. The potatoes are cooked in Indian spices and then cooled a little and mixed through with chopped fresh cucumber, capsicum, herbs and chilli. I love this with kebabs and the Christmas Salad Downunder.
Ingredients for cooking with potatoes
- 1 Kg new baby potatoes unpeeled and halve the bigger ones
- 1/2 tsp Fenugreek seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Coriander seeds
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 TBS Garam masala powder
- 1 TBS Ground Cumin
- 1 TBS Ground Coriander
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 onions peeled, halved and finely sliced
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
Ingredients for adding to potatoes once cooled
- 1 red or green chilli deseeded and finely diced
- 1 red capsicum finely diced
- 1/2 cucumber finely diced
- 1 cup fresh Coriander (cilantro) roughly chopped
- 1 cup fresh Mint roughly chopped
In a large high sided oven tray place the potatoes with the spices and oil and onion. Cook at 180 0 C for about 45 minutes until potatoes are cooked all the way through. Once cooked remove from the oven and leave to cool a little.
Then gently mix in the chopped fresh chilli, capsicum, cucumber, coriander (cilantro) and mint and serve. This also keeps really well in the fridge for a good 2 more days.